Brushes for artists. Long-handled brushes are held horizontally while working on a vertical canvas, such as for oil paint or acrylic paint, while short-handled brushes are typically used for flat or slightly inclined work surfaces, such as watercolour painting and ink painting.
The styles of brush tip seen most commonly are:
- Round: pointed tip, long closely arranged bristles for detail.
- Flat: for spreading paint quickly and evenly over a surface.
- Bright: shorter than flats.
- Filbert: flat brushes with domed ends.
- Fan: for blending broad areas of paint.